Friday 30 March 2012

Shepherd Neame Generation Ale

Thank you T & J (and Tia) for a fun evening at the local pub. I had some terrific beers and whiskies tonight. The most interesting item was Shepherd Neame's Generation Ale 2011. The bartender explained that this beer is brewed only when the owner of the brewery kicks the bucket. Sorry for my expression. The bottle was 750 ml and it was inside a beautiful wooden casket. Beer itself was full-bodied, with fruity, liquor and salty aromas and flavours. 45 Euro's for a bottle. Was it worth it? Well, I'll tell you later...

Kiitos T & J (ja Tia) hienosta illasta. Monta hyvää olutta ja viskiä tuli maistettua. Ehdottomasti kiinnostavin oli Shepherd Neame'n Generation Ale 2011. Baarimikko kertoili tarinaa, että tätä olutta pannaan vain silloin, kun panimon omistaja heittää hokkarit ja valta vaihtuu. Olut oli täyteläistä ja hedelmäistä, liköörimäistä ja suolaista. Mutta oliko 45 euroa järkevä sijoitus? Kerronpa siitä myöhemmin...

2 comments:

  1. I think that bartender might have been enjoying a little too much of his best beers...

    ReplyDelete
  2. I guess you're right, John H. I just can't find a story nevertheless how much I google. Nevertheless of that the beer was tasty...

    ReplyDelete